At Tolsa, we are well aware of the need to define a commitment to sustainability that balances the profitability of the business with our responsibilities in economic, social and environmental issues. We understand that maintaining this balance is the basis for our growth, not only as a company but also as a social actor.
Our sustainability strategy is, therefore, the framework within which the company’s strategy is defined, as well as the daily work of our people and partners.
The pillars on which our sustainability strategy is based are as follows:
- RESPONSIBILITY IN CORPORATE GOVERNANCE: building a company based on ethical business, transparency and compliance, creating a management system capable of coping with any risk, defining commitments to combat climate change, ensuring compliance and improved labor legislation, and guaranteeing human rights in all areas of activity, by extending this commitment to our employees.
- PEOPLE FOR TODAY AND TOMORROW: ensuring a healthy working and safe environment for our employees. Implementing actions that allow us to attract, retain and develop the best talent over time. Leveraging our diversity and inclusion through policies of equality and work-life balance. Understanding that people are not a resource, but our most precious asset and, protecting our employees in each of their stages in the company.
- GLOBAL ENGAGEMENT: pursuing continuous improvement and establishing the communication channels needed to strengthen our engagement with stakeholders, including the communities where we are present, the commitment of our suppliers and responsible sourcing. Being a leader in our business sectors and sharing our knowledge and experience.
- SOLUTIONS FOR PROGRESS: Innovation is in our DNA and is embodied not only in our diversity of products and business lines, but also in our quest to develop the applications of the future by investing in R&D, and consolidating a corporate culture that encourages participation from every employee. We apply the principles of circular economy and we believe that new technologies are a key tool for our competitiveness, implementing at all times the data protection and cybersecurity measures deemed necessary.
- CARE FOR THE PLANET: We believe in sustainable mining and biodiversity protection. We care about the efficient use of resources and thus work on reducing our environmental impact through energy efficiency projects and others focused on our transition to renewable energy sources, including new policies to reduce the use of plastic in our products, and reducing overall waste in our processes and workplaces.