Products | Refining & Purification
Sepiolite for filtration of liquids and retention of undesirable substances
MINCLEAR SG13 is sepiolite in granular form with a high sorption capacity. It is obtained by a mechanical process which generates stable 15/30 ASTM granules (0.25-1.70mm). This grading is very adequate for those processes which demand high filtration rate or low pressure drop.
MINCLEAR SG13 removes the surfactants, traces of water and other impurities in Refining and Petrochemistry processes, especially in the Merox process for kerosene production.
MINCLEAR SG13 is also used as prefilter in solid-liquid separations to improve the lifetime of the main filter bed (zeolites, activated carbon, etc…) and as carrier of microorganisms in the wastewater treatment.
Fields of application
- Kerosene production (Merox process)
- Filtration of oils and chemical products
- Dielectric oils recovery by filtration
- Refining of hydrocarbon distillates as isocyanates and olefins
- Carrier of microorganisms in wastewater treatment
If you are interested in receiving more information click hereContact