Products | Microspheres
Microsil 325 – Microsil 325S
Very low density and resistant Microspheres
MICROSIL products are made of inert microspheres obtained by thermal treatment at high temperatures that creates a hard glass crust around a hollow space filled by air. This spherical and multi-cellular structure allows to generate polyfunctional fillers with a very low density.
MICROSIL 325 and its coated version MICROSIL 325S, have been designed to be used in applications requiring a small particle size. MICROSIL 325S is a more suitable product in applications where it is required a lower viscosity or a smaller absorption.
- Allows an important reduction of the system density.
- MICROSIL improved the yield in the application of the final product.
- Improves flow and leveling of coatings and mortars.
- Reduces shrinking and crack formation.
- MICROSIL allows reducing binder demand increasing filler concentration. This will decrease cost by volume unit in final product.
- Reduces heat transmission.
- It is fire resistant.
- White colored.
- Good compressive resistance.
- High chemical inertia and neutral pH.
Fields of application
- Synthetic marble and polymeric mortars.
- Asphalt emulsions.
- Resin based waterproofing coatings.
- Friction materials.
- Textural paints.
- Putties and mastics.