Products | Microspheres
Fillite White / High-Alumina Grades
Hollow Ceramic Microspheres
FILLITE is a glass hard, inert, hollow silicate sphere.
FILLITE is primarily used to reduce the weight of plastics, rubbers, resins, cement, etc., but also imparts further benefits in many situations. Many of the advantages from the use of FILLITE, including increased filler loading and improved rheology, are directly attributed to the spherical nature of the mineral.
- Reduced weight.
- Increased filler loading.
- Better flow characteristics due to the spherical shape.
- Improved physical properties in moldings, castings and laminates.
- Reduced water absorption.
- Improved flame retardance.
- Improved chemical resistance.
- Improved crush strength.
- Less shrinkage and warping.
- Off-white colour.
Fields of application
For White Grades
- Gypsum board jointing compound.
- Veneering plasters.
- Cast resins.
For High-Alumina Grades
- Foundry applications.
- High temperature resistant coatings.