Products | Civil engineering, Foundry, Paper and Oil & Gas
Microsil 200 – Microsil 200S
Very low density and resistant microspheres
MICROSIL products are made of inert microspheres obtained by thermal treatment at high temperatures that creates a hard glass crust around a hollow space filled by air. This spherical and multi-cellular structure allows to generate polyfunctional fillers with a very low density.
MICROSIL 200 and its coated version MICROSIL 200S, have been designed to be used in applications where a small particle size is not needed. MICROSIL 200S is a more suitable product in applications where it is required a lower viscosity or a smaller absorption.
- Allows an important reduction of the system density.
- Microsil improved the yield in the application of the final product.
- Improves flow and leveling of coatings and mortars.
- Reduces shrinking and crack formation.
- MICROSIL allows to reduce binder demand increasing filler concentration. This will decrease cost by volume unit in final product.
- Reduces heat transmission.
- It is fire resistant.
- White colored.
- Good compressive resistance.
- High chemical inertia and neutral pH.
Fields of application
- Joint fillers for drywall and gypsum boards.
- Cement boards.
- Synthetic marble and polymeric mortars.
- Mortars and stuccos.
- Bitumen membranes for waterproofing.
- Asphalt emulsions.
- Resin based waterproofing coatings.
- Refractory materials.
- Putties and mastics.
If you are interested in receiving more information click hereContact