Products | Construction additives, Paints & Asphalt
Pansil UltraSpheres 8000
The shape of things to come PANSIL UltraSpheres™ Ceramic Microspheres are economical, high-performance materials, used as additives and fillers in a wide range of paints, coatings, mastics and other construction materials. Compared to irregular-shaped and partially-spherical fillers, the 100% spherical shape of PANSIL UltraSpheres provides improved processing and performance. It also increases solids and filler loading, helping to reduce costs and VOCs.
PANSIL UltraSpheres 8000 is recommended for high thickness applications.
- Lower resin demand and increased overall filler loading for higher total solids and lower VOCs.
- Improved flow and leveling. The 100% spherical shape of PANSIL UltraSpheres allows the particles to flow easily over one another to measurably enhance flow, leveling, and application properties.
- Improve paint and coating resistance to both abrasion and burnishing.
- Corrosion resistance. PANSIL UltraSpheres’ true spherical shape and mobility allow them to pack together so tightly that they create a barrier, without the risk that some platelets might protrude and create a pathway for corrosion.
- Chemical resistance. PANSIL UltraSpheres’ barrier properties, combined with their ceramic inertness, provide outstanding chemical resistance in a wide range of products.
- Cost reduction. Since PANSIL UltraSpheres so significantly reduce resin demand, most users are able to increase overall filler loading, use less resin and reduce total cost per gallon of their finished products.
Fields of application
- Polymer concrete.
- Epoxy flooring.
- Textured coatings.
- Friction materials.