Products | Construction additives, Paints & Asphalt
Rheological additive for low polarity systems
PANGEL B5 is a powdered additive with a high thickening and anti-settling capacity for low polarity systems, particularly recommended for systems based on both aliphatic solvents and mineral or synthetic oils.
PANGEL B5 is particularly recommended to provide thixotropic, suspension and sagging-resistance properties to systems based on both aliphatic type solvents and mineral or synthetic oils.
PANGEL B5 shows high thickening capacity in low polarity systems without the use of a polar activator for its dispersion.
Use of PANGEL B5 has the following advantages against other conventional additives:
- Lubricant greases: High thickening capacity; good stability at high temperature. Simpler manufacturing process, since polar activator co-additives are avoided.
- Drilling mud: Increased dispersibility and stability at high temperatures; high thickening and suspension capacity.
- Others: Control of sagging and dripping; improves stability.
Fields of application
Use of PANGEL B5 as a rheological additive is recommended in the following applications:
- Greases: In mineral oils in synthetic oils.
- Drilling mud: In mineral oil in polyalphaolefins in environmental friendly esters.