Products | Construction additives, Paints & Asphalt
Rheological additive for medium-low polarity systems
PANGEL B10 is a powdered additive with a high thickening and anti-settling capacity for medium-low polarity systems, particularly recommended for systems based on white spirit type solvents.
PANGEL B10 is particularly recommended to provide thixotropic, suspension and sagging-resistance properties to systems based on White Spirit type solvents. In these medium-low polarity systems, PANGEL B10 does not require the use of a polar activator for its dispersion.
PANGEL B10 provides a strongly pseudoplastic character, producing high consistency levels without affecting viscosity during application. It exhibits its high effectiveness as anti-settling additive in formulations with high solid contents.
Use of PANGEL B10 has the following advantages against other conventional additives:
- Coatings and paints: Prevents settling of pigments and fillers; controls sagging without aggravating leveling; high stability during transportation and storage.
- Printing inks: Improves consistency and prevents settling of pigments.
- Drilling mud: Increased dispersibility and stability at high temperatures; high thickening and suspension capacity.
- Lubricant greases: High thickening capacity; good stability at high temperature.
- Asphalt coatings sagging control; improves dispersion and prevents settling of fillers; improves plastic behavior at extreme temperatures; slows ageing, simplifies application and improves finish.
- Sealants and joints: Improves wetting and suspension properties; controls sliding.
- Others: Control of sagging and dripping; improves stability.
Fields of application
Use of PANGEL B10 as a rheological additive is recommended in the following applications:
- Coatings and paints: Decorative enamels, alkyds, coatings for lower part of car, signaling, marine coatings, automobile priming, oven-cured enamels.
- Printing inks: Naphthenic and aromatic oils, vegetable oil, newspaper black ink, heat-set.
- Drilling mud: In mineral oil in polyalphaolefins.
- Greases: In mineral oils.
- Sealants and joints: Rubber.
- Asphalt coatings.
- Others: Putties, rubber, gel-coat, emulsions.