Products | Construction additives, Paints & Asphalt
Microsil 100 – Microsil 100S
Very low density and resistant microspheres
MICROSIL products are made of inert microspheres obtained by thermal treatment at high temperatures that creates a hard glass crust around a hollow space filled by air. This spherical and multi-cellular structure allows to generate polyfunctional fillers with a very low density.
MICROSIL 100 and its coated version MICROSIL 100S, have been designed to be used in applications where the particle size is not the limiting factor. MICROSIL 100S is a more suitable product in applications where it is required a lower viscosity or a smaller absorption.
- Allows an important reduction of the system density.
- MICROSIL improved the yield in the application of the final product.
- Improves flow and leveling of coatings and mortars.
- Reduces shrinking and crack formation.
- MICROSIL allows reducing binder demand increasing filler concentration. This will decrease cost by volume unit in final product.
- Reduces heat transmission.
- It is fire resistant.
- White colored.
- Good compressive resistance.
- High chemical inertia and neutral pH.
Fields of application
- Joint fillers for drywall and gypsum boards.
- Cement boards.
- Synthetic marble and polymeric mortars.
- Mortars and stuccos.
- Bitumen membranes for waterproofing.
- Asphalt emulsions.
- Resin based waterproofing coatings.
- Friction materials.
- Textural paints.
- Refractory materials.
- Putties and mastics.